In the beginning...
I married young and as they say I married well, having a husband as a builder certainly launched my foray into property investing at a young age, our first purchase was a block of land at Highfields and then we built our first house at the age of 18 and 22.
Then to add madness to my life while I had a toddler and a 4 month old we decided to launch our own Renovation and Construction business – Gillam Homes. So true to my words there is no ‘right time’, it just needs to be comfortable and know your calculated risks, oh and young helps! On reflection, you feel invincible when you are young and have your future ahead of you.
The building industry has been the major part of my life for the past 25 years, a partnership in building and renovating with my husband enabled us to win over 27 Building Awards for excellence and customer service.
In the beginning...The move to Real Estate
It seemed liked the natural progression to begin a career in Real Estate. I can certainly empathise with my clients and share their tears of happiness or frustration which can be the roller coaster ride of the property market.
I am able to bring a wealth of experience to the table when I become part of helping you invest in your dream and finding a place to call home.
- 25 years experience working in the Building & Construction Industry
- 27 Master Builders Queensland Awards and accreditation’s for business excellence
- 10 years on the Master Builders Queensland State Board
- Master Builders Queensland Downs and Western Councillor representative
- Certificate in Interior Design
- Property investor mentor
- Renovation and New home construction personal portfolio
- Management of property in a SMSF
- Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors
My passions include:
- Building homes and renovation
- Buying and selling homes
- Connecting successful Women,
- Women in Business and Investor’s
- Enabling small businesses to create a simple online strategy
- Not For Profit event management and out of the box fundraising ideas
I have been involved with State boards, committees, community groups and over the past 20 years have developed keen skills for advocacy and governance, while lobbying state and local government for better small business conditions.